Alan Wake on Steam can support stereoscopic 3D through NVISION 3D, although it is performance-intensive, Remedy warns. For normal (see: "unfancy") gameplay, the expected system requirements are fairly standard, as you can see -- no flashlight required -- just after the break.
Remedy says it is "still finalizing the optimisations and graphics scalability, so some details can still change," but these are the minimum specs for Alan Wake on PC (as of January 23, 2012):
- OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7
- PROCESSOR: A dual core processor is required:
- AMD: Athlon X2 2.8GHz
- Intel: Core 2 Duo 2GHz
- MEMORY: 2 GB
- HARD DRIVE: 8 GB
- VIDEO CARD: DirectX 10 compatible or later with 512MB RAM
- AMD: ATI Radeon 3650, 4450, 5550, 6450 or higher (per series)
- NVIDIA: GeForce 8600GT, 9500GT, GT120, GT430, GT520 (per series)
- SOUND CARD: DirectX 9.0c compatible
- INPUT: Mouse and keyboard, Xbox360 controller also supported
"For a solid performance, Remedy recommends a modern quad-core CPU and a graphics card with around 2000 in 3DMark Graphics Score as seen here. For max settings and high resolutions, a top of the line graphics card and CPU is needed."