The marketing team at Bethesda Softworks cooked up a pre-order plan to go along with Dishonored
that's perfectly fitting for the game's title, it seems. Like so many pre-order schemes these days, the Dishonored
bonuses are varied across several retailers, making it impossible to purchase the game without a sense that you're missing something (well, unless you buy four different copies of the game, all with pre-order bonuses attached).
Should you choose to participate in this arcane chicanery, might we suggest not
snagging Target's bonus? While GameStop, Best Buy, Amazon, and Walmart each get their own "downloadable upgrade pack" for one of the game's playable characters, Target simply gets a Dishonored "smart phone decal." Not exactly what we'd call the best convincer. Also, the Best Buy one comes with a "Whale Oil USB Lamp," so, ya know, kinda the obvious choice
Take a look at all the options just below the break.
- GameStop – Arcane Assassin Downloadable Upgrade Pack & Dishonored Tarot cards
- Best Buy – Shadow Rat Downloadable Upgrade Pack & Whale Oil USB Lamp
- Amazon – Backstreet Butcher Downloadable Upgrade Pack
- Walmart – Acrobatic Killer Downloadable Upgrade Pack
- Target – Smart Phone Dishonored Decal