Richard is back on duty this week, and Alexander and Jess join the fun for a thorough recap of the week. On the games front, Richard has been playing Hybrid and Lucius, and as unique as 5th Cell's latest is, Lucius may be even weirder. Also, Jess hits indie puzzle game A Virus Named Tom. Talk Back features a number of topics including Sony losing The Last Guardian trademark, Wii U purchasing intent (or lack thereof), exclusive Assassin's Creed 3 DLC on PS3, and more.
In news, JC takes the reigns and guides Ludwig and Mike Suszek through the week's big stories. Needless to say, the guys are stoked at the prospect of picking up loads of classic productivity software from the inevitable Steam software sales.
Be sure to check after the break to see how you can snag yourself a Razer BlackWidow Ultimate keyboard!
And don't forget to keep it locked here on Joystiq next week for daily Super Joystiq Podcast specials straight from Gamescom 2012 in Germany.
Listen to the Super Joystiq Podcast:
- Subscribe to the Super Joystiq Podcast in iTunes
- Super Joystiq Podcast is also available in the Zune Marketplace
- Add the Super Joystiq Podcast feed to your RSS aggregator
- Download the MP3 directly
Listen to the MP3
- 00:00:00 - 00:00:48 // Pre-Show Jabber and Intro Music
- 00:00:49 - 00:53:06 // Intro, WRUP/Previews: Richard, Alexander & Jess
- 00:53:07 - 01:15:07 // News: JC, Ludwig & Mike Suszek
- 01:15:08 - 01:18:33 // Outro, giveaway winners, and a new giveaway!
Theme Music: Satsuma Audio and Whitaker Blackall - "A Basstastic Undertaking"
Segment Bumpers: Jordan Mallory
- Podcast Twitter: @JoystiqPodcast - Use the hashtag #QJoystiq
- Website Twitter: @Joystiq
- Facebook: Joystiq Facebook Page
- Voice Mail: 1-877-JOYSTIQ (1-877-569-7847)
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
Follow Joystiq on Twitch.tv for future streams and giveaways
Talk Back Questions (Tell us your answers in the comments!)
- With Persona 4 Arena putting an RPG world into another genre, what other franchises would you like to see go into a different genre for a spinoff (Eg. Halo went RTS)
- Is Sony's loss of The Last Guardian trademark cause for concern?
- Is getting a next-gen console out first going still important? If so, isn't Wii U going to win it all, again?
- Silent Hill HD Collection on Xbox is has issues and won't be fixed. Should it still be sold?
- How should Nintendo market Wii U?
- Guillermo del Toro's 'Insane' franchise also out at THQ
- Silent Hill HD Collection patched on PS3, Xbox update cancelled [update]
- Valve launching non-game software on Steam this September
- Ouya tops $8.5 million as Kickstarter campaign comes to a close
- Epic Baltimore now Impossible Studios, working on Infinity Blade: Dungeons
Richard Mitchell and Jonathan Downin
Winners of Awesomenauts code Giveaway
The following commenters on last week's podcast have won codes for Awesomenaughts on Steam. Send an email to podcast ATT joystiq DAWT com so we can verify your information and, boom, free Awesomenauts.
- conar chcpl1
- Arturuo Salazar 1
To enter this week's giveaway:
- Listen to the podcast. Leave a comment on this post telling us what you think about the Super Joystiq Podcast. We want your suggestions, questions, and comments!
- You must be 17 years or older and a resident of the United States or Canada (excluding Puerto Rico and Quebec).
- Only one entry per person.
- This entry period ends at 12:00PM ET, Friday, August 17, 2012.
- At that time, we'll randomly select one (1) winner to receive a Razer BlackWidow Ultimate keyboard.
- For a list of complete rules, click here.
What is Joyswag? Since we don't keep the games and merchandise we receive for review or promotional purposes, it becomes "Joyswag," which is passed along to our readers. Please note that Joyswag may be in "used" condition.
For more info on our policy, click here.