The video above video shows the top ten receivers in Madden NFL 13. Like last week's ratings reveal, EA Sports has hall of fame running back Marshall Faulk gushing over (what EA Tiburon perceives as) the NFL's best receivers.
This year's cover athlete Calvin Johnson Jr. of the Detroit Lions makes an obvious claim for the top spot, but is joined by an interesting crew of top talent. While the 15-1 Green Bay Packers have no receivers on the top ten list (no Jordy Nelson or Greg Jennings?), the New England Patriots boast the second and eighth spots with tight end Rob Gronkowski and wide receiver Wes Welker, respectively.
EA Sports continued its voting process this week on its Facebook page to determine the best receivers in the speed, agility, route running, and spectacular catch categories. As of this writing, Chicago Bears receiver Devin Hester will have the highest speed among receivers in the game, Calvin Johnson Jr. will have the highest spectacular catch rating, and the Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald is winning the vote for the best route-running skills in Madden 13.
Additionally, EA Sports recently unveiled a full list of ratings for nearly every running back in the game. Check out a more thorough breakdown of the top ten runners and fullbacks and their overall, speed, acceleration, strength, trucking, and elusiveness ratings after the break.
- (JAX) Maurice Jones-Drew (97) - 94 speed, 95 acceleration, 79 strength, 85 trucking, 93 elusiveness
- (MIN) Adrian Peterson (97) - 96 speed, 97 acceleration, 84 strength, 87 trucking, 97 elusiveness
- (HOU) Arian Foster (96) - 92 speed, 96 acceleration, 79 strength, 96 trucking, 92 elusiveness
- (PHI) LeSean McCoy (95) - 93 speed, 97 acceleration, 65 strength, 68 trucking, 99 elusiveness
- (BAL) Ray Rice (95) - 91 speed, 97 acceleration, 84 strength, 75 trucking, 93 elusiveness
- (CHI) Matt Forte (93) - 92 speed, 93 acceleration, 73 strength, 78 trucking, 90 elusiveness
- (BAL) Vonta Leach (92) - 69 speed, 80 acceleration, 84 strength, 74 trucking, 40 elusiveness
- (SF) Frank Gore (92) - 91 speed, 90 acceleration, 78 strength, 89 trucking, 78 elusiveness
- (STL) Steven Jackson (92) - 86 speed, 87 acceleration, 85 strength, 94 trucking, 67 elusiveness
- (JAX) Greg Jones (91) - 78 speed, 80 acceleration, 82 strength, 88 trucking, 44 elusiveness