"We are hugely excited with the digital success of Endless Space so far and the acclaim by the press for the game," said Amplitude Studios CEO Mathieu Girard. "We hope to welcome many players and expect to see some cross-platform multiplayer rivalries pop up."
Endless Space is easily one of the best strategy games of the year. It's not as adept as Civilization 5 in getting new players adjusted, but it's the type of game that has a lot going for it once you're acquainted.
Brand new trailer to celebrate the release.
Haarlem, The Netherlands – 30 August 2012- Publisher Iceberg Interactive and developer Amplitude Studios announce that the Mac version of the 4x Space Strategy game Endless Space will be released on Steam at 6PM GMT. Endless Space for Windows was already released on 4 July digitally as well as in European retail stores last Friday – and now the game is also playable on Mac.
Amplitude Studios also announce that they have introduced a 'cross-platform gameplay' possibility to the game. This means that PC players can play with Mac players and vice-versa.
Amplitude Studios CEO Mathieu Girard says: "We are hugely excited with the digital success of Endless Space so far and the acclaim by the press for the game. We felt it was our duty to also bring the game to Mac users, have been working to realize that all summer and it is a thrill to announce this version today. We hope to welcome many players and expect to see some cross-platform multiplayer rivalries pop up."
To celebrate the Mac release, a brand new trailer for Endless Spaceis revealed today. The new trailer can be downloaded from the Iceberg YouTube account.
About Endless Space
This galaxy is ancient, and its first intelligent life was the civilization we call the Endless. Long before our eyes gazed upon the stars they flew between them, though all that remains of this people is what we call Dust. A substance found scattered or in forgotten temples, it once gave powers to admirals and galactic governors. The galaxy will belong to the faction that can take control of the Dust and uncover its secrets...
· A Born Leader: Guide one of eight civilizations as you strive for galactic dominion. Will you control the entire galaxy through subtle trade and diplomacy, explore every corner of the universe to find powerful artifacts and resources, overwhelm other civilizations with your advanced technologies, or destroy your enemies with massive armadas?
· Endless Discoveries: With hundreds of star systems to explore, different planet types, luxuries and strategic resources to exploit, the mysteries within the Dust to master and a host of strange scientific phenomena to deal with, the player will have no lack of challenges. Hire heroes to become fleet admirals or system governors and discover five hero classes and their unique ability trees and specializations.
· Space Opera: Experience Endless Space with state-of-the-art graphics and interface, switch between strategic battle decisions and long-term planning. Optimize each fleet for epic battles around contested stars. Create the perfect combinations from dozens of unique ships per civilization. Customize your ship with modules, armament, engines and special mods. The player has a plethora of choices of how to best destroy or dissuade his enemy.
· Take on the Universe: Play against up to seven opponents and build up – or break – alliances at will. Discover an innovative and dynamic simultaneous turn-based gameplay. Permit instant jump-in for your ongoing online games. Define your own custom civilizations and confront the ones created by your friends.
· Endless Replayability: Control every new game's scope, from a quick match-up to an endless war. Generate an infinity of random galaxies where every start begins a new adventure. Modify the size, shape, density, age and a lot more to create your ideal galaxy. Choose from different victory conditions and adapt your strategy on the fly.
· Creating GAMES2GETHER: Track the dev team's objectives, progress and achievements. Participate in the creation of the game via the GAMES2GETHER initiative. Access early versions of the game and give your feedback to the dev team. Discuss actual and future game features and expansions with the dev team
About Amplitude Studios
Amplitude Studios is an independent gathering of experienced video game lovers (and developers) with a single goal: create the best strategy games! Based in Paris, the studio boasts an international team that has worked all over the world. Developer credits include franchises such as Battlefield, Rayman, XIII, R.U.S.E., Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, Call of Juarez, Might & Magic Heroes, Might & Magic Clash of Heroes, and others. Working closely for years with communities of players to share, discuss or compare ideas, the whole team has the dream of bringing the idea of GAMES 2 GETHER one step further. Help us accomplish our goal to bring a brand new way for players around the world to participate in the creation of a video game! Read more at http://www.amplitude-studios.com.
About Iceberg Interactive
Iceberg Interactive is an independent videogame publisher founded in 2009 by an international group of games industry veterans. Iceberg operates in the vibrant European games market through retail publishing and worldwide via direct relationships with dozens of digital download portals. With a distinct focus on the genres of simulations, adventure, strategy and MMO/action games, Iceberg has successfully released digital hits in European retail, such as Killing Floor, Wings of Prey & APB Reloaded – but is also known to back indie developers in getting their games into both the retail and digital space. Read more about the company and its games at http://www.iceberg-interactive.com.
Don't just play, play it cool!