The Ouya doesn't hit store shelves until June 4, but Richard is kicking off the games segment with some early thoughts on the Kickstarter edition of the forthcoming Android console. Also on tap, Ludwig talks Guacamelee, Jess hits Battleblock Theater, and the almost-too-weird-to-be-true FarCry 3: Blood Dragon gets some time.
In news, Sinan covers the FarCry 3 standalone in more detail, and then it's on to the almost weekly layoffs section-- this week: EA Montreal. Alexander and Jordan also discuss the latest news regarding SimCity, Project Eternity, and the recent Microsoft Twitter drama.
Be sure to catch the games segment recorded live on YouTube every Thursday. This week's edition can be seen on the Joystiq YouTube page, and after the break.
Listen to the Super Joystiq Podcast:
- Subscribe to the Super Joystiq Podcast in iTunes
- Add the Super Joystiq Podcast feed to your RSS aggregator
- Download the MP3 directly
Listen to the MP3
- 00:00:00 - 00:46:03 // Intro, WRUP/Previews: Richard, Ludwig, Jess
- 00:46:04 - 01:19:14 // News: Alexander, Jordan, Sinan
- 01:19:15 - 01:21:05 // Outro: Xav
Theme Music: Satsuma Audio and Whitaker Blackall – "A Basstastic Undertaking"
Segment Bumpers: Jordan Mallory
- Podcast Twitter: @JoystiqPodcast - Use the hashtag #QJoystiq
- Website Twitter: @Joystiq
- Facebook: Joystiq Facebook Page
- Subscribe to Joystiq's YouTube Channel
- Follow Joystiq on Twitch.tv for game streams and giveaways
- Ouya: Hands-on with the user interface
- Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon breathes neon onto XBLA, PSN, PC on May 1
- Layoffs hit EA, company 'not disclosing specific teams impacted'
- Project Eternity unveils first video, dynamic environment in action
- Report: Microsoft Studios creative director Adam Orth no longer with company
Richard Mitchell and Jonathan Downin
Joyswag: Pikachu 3DS XL and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
To enter this week's giveaway:
- Listen to the podcast. Subscribe to us on YouTube. Send us a message on YouTube with your name and email. Comments posted here do not qualify.
- Only one entry per person.
- This entry period ends at 12:00PM ET, Friday, April 19, 2013.
- At that time, we'll randomly select one (1) winner to receive a Pikachu 3DS XL system and a copy of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.
- For a list of complete rules for JoySwag, click here.
What is Joyswag? Since we don't keep the games and merchandise we receive for review or promotional purposes, it becomes "Joyswag," which is passed along to our readers. Please note that Joyswag may be in "used" condition.
For more info on our policy, click here.