Coaster Crazy Deluxe, by LostWinds and RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 developer Frontier Developments, is an upcoming Wii U eShop game that lets you design death-ensuring virtual coasters on the GamePad in order to satiate the "crazies" who visit your diabolically unsafe theme park.
Specific "crazies" have specific demands. The "Professor" carries nitro glycerin, and requires a coaster with a low enough G-force to prevent explosions (since he is a professor of Having a Heart Condition). The Speed Freak, meanwhile, likes fast roller coasters. Oh, and there are zombies.
The price and release date of Coaster Crazy Deluxe have yet to be announced.
15th April 2013. Cambridge, UK: Coasters! Pandas! Zombies! Crashes! Explosions! From Frontier Developments, the creators of RollerCoaster Tycoon® 3 and LostWinds®, comes a rollercoaster game unlike any other – 'Coaster Crazy® Deluxe' for Wii UTM on Nintendo® eShop.
Coaster Crazy Deluxe's innovative blend of Crazy character gameplay challenges and Frontier's incredible, easy to use 3D coaster construction system has players meeting the demands of their Crazy customers in order to build a cash making worldwide coaster empire.
Using their proprietary development technology and vast experience of coaster building games, Frontier has embraced the innovative control features of Wii U: building coasters in glorious 3D is effortless with stylus and/or the Wii UTM GamePad's buttons and sticks; turn the GamePad to move the in-game view and flick the Gamepad upwards to eject the Crazies from the coaster.
Check out some of the features in action in the trailer: http://youtu.be/JLlpMngjswA
Keeping The Crazies Happy
The Crazies are demanding customers but keeping them happy earns players kudos and gems; for example:
- Can you make your coaster fast enough to get the Speed Freak surfing with delight?
- Can you keep G-forces low enough to prevent the Professor's Nitro Glycerin from exploding?
- Can you beat a coaster score before the Zombie starts infecting other passengers?
- Can you do all that at the same time?
Coaster Crazy Deluxe Features:
· Unparalleled ease of 3D coaster building
· Unlock special pieces, coaster cars and track to build ever more insane creations in 10 regions across the globe
· Online leaderboards for players to share coasters and earn in-game currency
· Coaster building sandbox
· Daily Challenges to earn kudos and gems
Coaster Crazy Deluxe will be available only on Nintendo eShop, pricing and release date to be announced soon.