A couple big ones and a couple smaller ones. This week in games, Xav, Dave, and Jess kick things off with Klei's latest, Don't Starve. Game Dev Tycoon gets some time, and then it's on to the biggies, Metro: Last Light and the return of Spies vs. Mercs in Splinter Cell: Blacklist.
News is all about EA and financials. Alexander, Richard, and Mike Suszek hit the delay of the Ouya, EA's 2013 lineup, layoffs, all the Star Wars, and the announcement of the offline-capable Sims 4. Also, and the return of BJ – in Wolfenstein: The New Order.
Be sure to catch the games segment recorded live on YouTube every Thursday. This week's edition can be seen on the Joystiq YouTube page and after the break.
Listen to the Super Joystiq Podcast:
- Subscribe to the Super Joystiq Podcast in iTunes
- Add the Super Joystiq Podcast feed to your RSS aggregator
- Download the MP3 directly
Listen to the MP3
- 00:00:00 - 00:54:07 // Intro, WRUP: Xav, Dave, Jess
- 00:54:08 - 01:28:14 // News: Alexander, Richard, Mike Suszek
- 01:28:15 - 01:30:04 // Outro: Xav
Theme Music: Satsuma Audio and Whitaker Blackall – "A Basstastic Undertaking"
Segment Bumpers: Jordan Mallory
- Podcast Twitter: @JoystiqPodcast - Use the hashtag #QJoystiq
- Website Twitter: @Joystiq
- Facebook: Joystiq Facebook Page
- Subscribe to Joystiq's YouTube Channel
- Follow Joystiq on Twitch.tv for game streams and giveaways
- Ouya launch delayed to June 25, controller defect being fixed
- EA revenues over $1B in fiscal Q4, down from last year
- EA: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 15, UFC not planned before next March
- Gibeau: NBA Live coming in fiscal 2014 [Update: Planned for next-gen systems]
- EA lays off 900 employees in 'organizational restructuring'
- EA obtains exclusive rights to Star Wars
- Battlefield 13-20 domains registered by EA
- EA: The Sims 4 is a 'single-player offline experience'
- Activision Blizzard closes out Q1 2013 with $1.32 billion net revenue
- Wolfenstein: The New Order announced
Xav de Matos and Jonathan Downin