After our Grand Theft Auto 5 blowout, it's back to the regular, multi-game format. This week, Ludwig, Susan, Richard, and Jess convene to talk about a whole slew of horror games, including the reviews of Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs, Outlast, and Foul Play. Also on-tap for this overflowing horror train, discussion on The Evil Within, the Silent Hill series, game-themed haunted houses at Universal Studios, and more.
Joyswag also makes a return this week with one lucky winner to receive a Steam code for Outlast. Be sure to listen to the end of the episode for details on how to enter.
Listen to the Super Joystiq Podcast:
- Subscribe to the Super Joystiq Podcast in iTunes
- Add the Super Joystiq Podcast feed to your RSS aggregator
- Download the MP3 directly
Listen to the MP3
Hosts: Ludwig (@LudwigK), Susan (@SusanArendt), Richard (@TheRichardM), Jess (@Jess Conditt)
- 00:00:00 // Intro
- 00:01:50 // Puppeteer
- 00:08:19 // Foul Play
- 00:10:48 // Diablo 3 (Xbox 360)
- 00:20:55 // Blizzard closing D3 PC auction house
- 00:24:11 // Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs and horror games
- 00:45:56 // Outlast
- 00:59:11 // The Evil Within
- 01:00:50 // Paranormal
- 01:07:49 // Silent Hill
- 01:15:20 // Halloween Horror Nights (Silent Hill haunted house)
- 01:20:42 // EMP Museum in Seattle
- 01:23:24 // Emotions and fear
- 01:27:00 // Mailbag
- 01:46:58 // Closer and giveaway
Theme Music: Satsuma Audio and Whitaker Blackall – "A Basstastic Undertaking"
Segment Bumpers: Go Cart, Blown Away, Rocket - Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
- Podcast Twitter: @JoystiqPodcast – Have a question? Use the hashtag #QJoystiq
- Website Twitter: @Joystiq
- Facebook: Joystiq Facebook Page
- Subscribe to Joystiq's YouTube Channel
- Follow Joystiq on Twitch.tv for game streams and giveaways
- Puppeteer review: Trims fairy tales
- Foul Play review: A midsummer night's demon
- Diablo 3 closing auction house in 2014
- Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs review: Forgetting who you are
- Outlast review: Fraught in the dark
- The Evil Within runs through darkened hallways at TGS 2013
- Snapshot: Paranormal
Jonathan Downin (@jonathandownin)
Joyswag: Outlast (Steam code)
To enter this week's giveaway:
- Listen to and subscribe to the podcast. Send an email to podcast at joystiq dot com. Be sure to include the secret password (revealed during the podcast) in the subject line. Spelling counts! Comments posted here do not qualify.
- Only one entry per person, per password. Emails containing multiple passwords do no quality. Must be over 18 years of age and a resident of the United States.
- Entries must be received on or before Friday, September 27, 2013.
- At that time, we'll randomly select one (1) winner to receive a Steam code for Outlast.
- For a list of complete rules for JoySwag, click here.
What is Joyswag? Since we don't keep the games and merchandise we receive for review or promotional purposes, it becomes "Joyswag," which is passed along to our readers. Please note that Joyswag may be in "used" condition.
For more info on our policy, click here.