Enjoying those shiny, new next-gen consoles? We are, sort of. Ludwig and Xav are joined by the latest commoner to join the Joystiq team, our new Community Manager Anthony John Agnello. This week, Ludwig talks Broken Sword 5, and the guys take a look back at some of the issues facing the current gaming landscape: microtransactions, buggy releases, yearly sequels, and more.
Find yourself with some free gaming time at the end of the big release season? There are only a few weeks left in 2013, so join us in our quickly increasing anxiety about Game of the Year considerations and return to some of games you may have missed throughout the year-- or just do that without the anxiety part.
Listen to the Super Joystiq Podcast:
- Subscribe to the Super Joystiq Podcast in iTunes
- Add the Super Joystiq Podcast feed to your RSS aggregator
- Download the MP3 directly
Listen to the MP3
Hosts: Ludwig (@LudwigK), Xav (@xav), Anthony (@ajohnagnello)
- 00:00:00 // Intro
- 00:01:10 // New community manager Anthony John Agnello, launch games
- 00:19:07 // Broken Sword 5
- 00:35:36 // Battlefield 4 and console updates
- 00:40:21 // Forza 5
- 00:46:34 // Microtransactions, game issues, sports games, business models
- 01:19:13 // Mailbag feedback and misc.
- 01:28:12 // Closer
Theme Music: Satsuma Audio and Whitaker Blackall – "A Basstastic Undertaking"
- Podcast Twitter: @JoystiqPodcast – Have a question? Use the hashtag #QJoystiq
- Website Twitter: @Joystiq
- Facebook: Joystiq Facebook Page
- Subscribe to Joystiq's YouTube Channel
- Follow Joystiq on Twitch.tv for game streams and giveaways
- First episode of Broken Sword 5 pointing and clicking on December 4
- EA: Fixing Battlefield 4 a priority for DICE above other projects
- Forza 5 December update slashes car prices, adds new modes
- NBA Live 14 review: Bricklayer
Jonathan Downin (@jonathandownin)