- Game Informer (80/100): "Locked behind this old-school game design is a gem that stealth fans should eye up for their collection."
- Edge (70/100): "Fans who take the time to customise their settings ahead of their first playthrough will find a rewarding world here to pick clean. Nevertheless, it's still difficult to shake the feeling that, for all his dexterity, Garrett has stumbled in his attempt to gain access to a new generation.
- IGN (68/100): "Between the hit-or-miss missions is an extremely annoying city hub map and a weak story full of bland characters, and Garrett himself isn't as sure-footed as a master thief ought to be. Ignoring the story and cherrypicking the best side missions is the best way to approach it."
- Gamespot (60/100): "Each time I thought I might fall in love, the game doused my passions with a new annoyance. There was the bug that had me swimming in place on top of some boards I'd leapt to. (Thank goodness for reloadable checkpoints!)"
- Telegraph (40/100): "I had more fun making my way up to bed in the dark after playing Thief than I did at any point during its benighted trudge across The City."
Posted on Dec 21st 2014 1:30PM
Posted on Dec 19th 2014 8:00PM
Posted on Dec 19th 2014 1:00PM