Microsoft reported Xbox One sales of 115,000 in April. Microsoft noted that it led software sales for the month: "April NPD Group figures released today showed that Xbox One continues to lead in software sales with the most cumulative units sold for any eighth generation home console platform life-to-date. Combined, Xbox One and Xbox 360 held eight of the top 10 spots on the generation eight and generation seven console game lists in the US." In April, Xbox One sold 447,000 games, while Xbox 360 sold 2.2 million games.
Software sales overall were down 10 percent year-over-year. NPD analyst Liam Callahan said, "New physical software is in a transition period as software for new consoles are doing well, but collectively not offsetting declines."
Titanfall was the No. 1 game for the second month in a row, followed by Call of Duty: Ghosts, NBA 2K14 and Minecraft for Xbox 360. See the full software top ten below.
According to Callahan: "There were five SKU's in the top 10 not represented in the top 10 when ranked on a title basis (combination of SKUs across platforms), which were: 3DS Yoshi's New Island; PS4 Infamous: Second Son; PS3 MLB 14: The Show; XBO Kinect Sports Rivals; 360 Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare."
- Titanfall (360, XBO, PC)
- Call Of Duty: Ghosts (360, PS4, PS3, XBO, NWU, PC)
- NBA 2K14 (360, PS4, PS3, XBO, PC)
- Minecraft (360)
- LEGO The Hobbit (360, PS3, One, PS4, 3DS, NWU, PSV)
- The LEGO Movie Videogame (360, 3DS, PS3, NWU, XBO, PS4, PSV)
- Lego Marvel Super Heroes (360, PS3, NDS, 3DS, PS4, NWU, XBO, PSV, PC)
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (PS4, 360, PS3, NWU, 3DS)
- Grand Theft Auto V (360, PS3)
- Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (360, PS3, PS4, XBO, NWU, PC)