Follow us on:

Posts tagged wii-sports-resort

Nintendo celebrates DS, Wii, software sales milestones in Europe, U.S.

Across two of Nintendo's biggest markets, the US and Europe, the house that Mario built has managed to get a lot of its hardware and software into customers' hands, reporting huge sales milestones and a very prosperous December. In Europe, the DS is now the best-selling video game console of all...

Continue Reading

Modern Warfare 2 spends sixth week atop UK sales chart

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 has been entrenched at the top spot of the UK sales chart for six weeks now. FIFA 10's expected pre-holiday sales surge happened and the game rebounded from fifth to second place, but it still wasn't enough to suppress the firepower of Activision's FPS (it seems the...

Continue Reading

UK Charts: Modern Warfare still tops; Assassin's Creed 2 outperforms original's debut

The Assassin's Creed sequel may not have taken out Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 from the top spot on the UK charts, but the game did outperform the original's 2007 debut by 12 percent in unit sales. Although Chart Track doesn't give specific unit sales figures, it's staggering to think that...

Continue Reading

Nintendo Mall Experience tour heads cross-country next week

Nintendo must've had some luck with its Great Lakes and Wii Sports Resort tours recently, as the company has announced the Nintendo Mall Experience tour. Starting next week through December 20, The Big N will be stopping at shopping centers across the country to get some of its Wii and DS titles in...

Continue Reading

Modern Warfare 2 makes a killing, bundled games rally in UK sales chart

Much like a dude-seeking missile dropped from an overhead predator drone, Modern Warfare 2 sales plummeted in the UK after the game's first day of availability. As you already know, the game moved 1.23 million copies on its launch day -- however, according to Chart Track's calculations, it finished...

Continue Reading

Professor Layton and the Million-Selling Sequel

It would appear that Nintendo made the right decision in finally getting around to releasing Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box worldwide, as the company was able to trade that box for one filled with cash money. The company released a supplement to its earnings report, listing the...

Continue Reading

Survey says, yes, teens and tweens still want video games this holiday

Image credit: alliet What we want to know: If 86 percent of surveyed youngsters are asking for at least one video game this holiday gift-getting season, what miserable manner of childhood have the other 14 percent been living? No doubt leading a crusade to bring joy to teens and tweens...

Continue Reading

PAL PSA: Black Wii bundle now available for pre-order, discounted in UK

We've got some welcome news for European readers who somehow don't already own a Wii -- or for those of you who already have one, but just can't resist the temptation of the new black model. Amazon.uk has opened pre-orders for the new Wii Sports Resort bundle, which includes a Wiimote, a Nunchuk and...

Continue Reading

Black Wii system going to Europe as part of Wii Sports Resort bundle

Nintendo UK will release the black Wii system on November 6, as part of a limited edition bundle including matching Wii Remote, Nunchuk, and MotionPlus peripherals, and both Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort. This bundle will be available elsewhere in Europe on November 20. Along with the black...

Continue Reading

EEDAR: Game sales slowdown turned around in September

2009 hasn't been the best year for the games industry. Month after month, we hear reports of reduced sales figures, company closures, and layoffs. Things may be turning around, though, as EEDAR analyst Jesse Divnich believes software sales during September 2009 have actually gone up from 2008, the...

Continue Reading


Featured Stories

Image

Murasaki Baby review: A touch of weird

Posted on Sep 19th 2014 11:35AM

Image

A mindset to match The Evil Within

Posted on Sep 17th 2014 2:00PM

Engadget

Engadget

TUAW

TUAW

Massively

Massively

WoW

WoW